We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. Since we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried the best to explain them in a simple way. We welcome your questions and queries on this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. The most common types of information we collect include: user-names, email addresses, IP addresses, payment information such as payment agent details (for paid plans),browser types, time zone settings, the time spent on webpages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data, your actions on our Sites (including any selections or inputs into items) and web and email analytics data. We may also collect and store information about your approximate location (e.g. your country) using geographic information from your IP address.
Where you give us consent to use the collected data:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
That said, when you visit our site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites;
- the operating system which your computer uses; and the technical capabilities of your web browser.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
Information you share or make public
If you make your personal information available to other people, we can’t control or accept responsibility for the way they will use or manage that data. There are lots of ways that you can find yourself providing information to other people, like when you post a public message on a forum thread, share information via social media, or make contact with another user (such as a third party Author) whether via our Sites or directly via email.
Retaining your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the Gigs Biolink services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Gigs Biolink account.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena to:
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- other recipients where we are authorised or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so